Choosing the catering for your reception can be a difficult task. Your choice greatly reflects the style of your wedding, which may range from a casual picnic to an elegant formal dinner.
Lone Cedar Café
7623 S Virginia Dare Trail
Nags Head, NC 27959
40126 Nc 12 Hwy
Avon, NC 27959
The Good Life Gourmet
3712 N Croatan Hwy
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
High Cotton BBQ
5230 Virginia Dare Trl
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
798-B Sunset Blvd.
Corolla, NC 27927
Creative Catering by Wanda
7069 Caratoke Highway
1177 Duck Rd
Kitty Hawk, NC
1606 S Croatan Hwy
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Catering Company of Hatteras
PO Box 160
Frisco, NC 27936
Please keep in mind, Wedded “Bliss” and Honey “Moon Dune” both have kitchens that will delight your caterer, with 2 full size refrigerators each and double caterer size ovens each and large preparing surfaces.
- Do they offer tastes of your food selections? Some do, and some do not. If you really want to try something , order from the menu, and dine in so you can also check out presentation and service.
- Do they have any other weddings that day? Some caterers are equipped to do this, and some are not. Make sure you have a comfort level with the answer.
- Do they have reference and photos from previous weddings?
- Is the caterer licensed and insured?
- Where will the food be prepared? How much room is needed onsite for their team?
- Will they feed your vendors at no extra cost?
- What is the server attire?
- Do they provide non-alcoholic beverage service? Coffee service? Make sure you also have cups and cream and sugar. Who provides?
- Can they provide alcohol and appropriate set-ups? Or do you need to handle the bar separately?
- What is the bad weather policy? On the OBX, never schedule an outdoor event without a weather contingency plan.
- Do they provide serving vessels, chafing dishes and serving utensils? If not, can they help coordinate the rentals?
- Can they provide silverware, linens and tables and chairs? If not, can they help coordinate the rentals?
- Will the caterer set the tables?
- Do they provide table top menus or food descriptions at the buffet? Is there a fee for printing?
- What happens to the leftover food?
- When is the deadline for menu selection?
- When is the final guest count due?
- How does the deposit work? What does it guarantee?
- What is the cancellation policy for either party?
- Are there any banquet fees, delivery, preparation and set-up or break down charges?
- Are there any additional charges we did not discuss? Practice that question, and repeat often.
- Are taxes and gratuities included? Who receives the gratuities? How much is recommended?
- What do you think would be the best menu you could serve us?
- Is there anything we have not discussed that you would recommend?