There are many activities for everyone to enjoy.
- Climb the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse for a wonderful view of the entire island and sound or if not able to climb the stairs, visit the lighthouse keepers museum and read about the history of the area lighthouses.
- Visit the Graveyard if the Atlantic Museum and learn about the many ship wrecks on NC shores.
- Charter a boat and go deep sea fishing for Tuna - knows what big fish story you will be able to tell, hopefully one that did not get away.
- Take some water sport classes such as surfing in the ocean or windsurfing or kite boarding in the sound.
- Browse through the many local galleries and gift shops for treasures to bring home.
- Make a reservation to canoe through the marshes and creeks of Pamlico Sound and Pea Island, the Island National Wildlife Refuge to see many beautiful birds.
- Take a day trip on the free ferry to Ocracoke Island, a quaint village south of Avon with many charming shops.
- Spend a relaxing day at the beach building sandcastles, jumping waves, reading a book and enjoying the quiet natural national park seashore.
- End your day with a private bonfire on the beach roasting marshmallows, making smores and being amazed by the brilliance of the stars since you are 20 miles out to sea so no lights to interfere with their majesty.